We are pleased to share our experiences with you in the following FAQ's, and we invite you to submit questions to Firwin Corporation's President Paul Herman by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Getting a Quote
- Ordering Product
- Removable Insulation Blankets
- What fastening systems are available with your insulation blankets?
- What sort of maintenance is necessary for removable insulation blankets?
- Can your insulation blankets be used for outdoor applications?
- How do I know what insulation thickness is right for my application?
- Removable Insulation Blanket outer fabrics - what are the differences in the various options available?
- What is the 'R value' of your insulation covers?
- Insulation Blanket Safety
- How hot does the outer surface of your insulation blankets get, and are they "touch safe"?
- Is there any asbestos or harmful material in Firwin Corporation products?
- Fire Safety & Insulation Blankets - What are the risks?
- I installed insulation blankets on my exhaust system, and the first time I powered up the exhaust, the insulation blankets gave off smoke. Is this a cause for concern?
- Alternatives to Insulation Blankets
We like to talk closely with our clients to ensure everyone is working towards a common solution. Such things as dimensions and quantity are essential, of course, but we drill down and talk more about how the products will be used in the field, what environmental factors may impacts the product design, etc. Bottom line: the more we know, the more we can provide you with an estimate that truly reflects your needs.
Once we have drilled down and have all the information, our corporate commitment is to send out quotes within 24 hrs. Most basic quotes are provided the same day. If a quote is required urgently, just let us know so we can accommodate your request.
Rarely do we find a situation where we are unable to help. The Firwin Corporation team has always prided itself in our ability to find customized insulation solutions. I suggest you contact us to discuss your specific application and we'll be pleased to provide advice. Simply Email Firwin Corporation's President Paul Herman at email@example.com.
Naturally, it varies depending on the complexity and size of the project. In most cases, we work to the following schedule:
- Small quantities: standard delivery is no later than 2 to 3 weeks; on request, we can usually meet even the most urgent next day shipping requirements (a rush surcharge may apply).
- Larger quantities, original equipment manufacturer items: shipping is scheduled with releases to meet specific customer requirements.
Canada and the United States have a Free Trade Agreement that covers Firwin Corporation's products. No duty is required.
It's our job to be as flexible as our clients need us to be, so the answer is: whichever way suits you best: cash, credit card or account. When you do open an account with us, the usual credit application forms will be sent to you.
Firwin Corporation removable insulation blankets are typically fastened via stainless steel lacing wire wrapped around stainless steel capstan rivets. While this works best for most applications, we do offer alternative fastening systems. More...( PDF - 160 KB)Back To Top
Here are six easy tips to help you ensure the proper performance and longevity of your removable insulation blankets. More... (PDF - 34 KB)
There are 2 possible problematic areas when considering using removable insulation blankets for outdoor applications. More... (PDF - 86 KB)
Insulation blankets come in various thicknesses. While for most applications 1" insulation suffices, blankets often are made to 1/2" thick, and can go as high as 4"! What variables need to be considered in order to determine what thickness is right for a given application? More... (PDF - 267 KB)
The outer fabric can be broken down into 2 main categories: Fluid-resistant and non-fluid resistant. More...(PDF - 118 KB)
While 'R' values are widely used in the building industry as a measure of insulation effectiveness, when it comes to insulating engines, exhaust systems, and other industrial applications, 'R' values are just 1 of a number of variables to consider when determining insulation effectiveness. More...(PDF - 149 KB)
To properly answer this question, it is important to remember that metals conduct heat; fabrics do not. This means that a fabric surface can be "hotter", temperature-wise, than a metal surface, and still be touch-safe. More... (PDF - 25 KB)
We are worried about environmental issues. Firwin Corporation products contain no asbestos. Our policy is to use products that are as safe as possible for your applications. For most of our materials, the only effect you may experience is some minor skin irritation (much like that which occurs when handling regular home insulation).
I invite you to call us at Firwin Corporation 416.745.9389 if you have any safety concerns. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are available upon request for all the materials we use.
As a manufacturer of removable insulation blankets for high temperature applications, Firwin Corporation's blankets are designed to withstand extremely high temperatures. More... (PDF - 34 KB)
Firwin removable insulation blankets that contain FW1200 fiberglass insulation may give off smoke upon initial exposure to high exhaust temperatures. This is due to an organic oil residue which is used in the manufacture of FW1200. The smoke is harmless and will usually disappear, for 1" thick insulation blankets, after running at a temperature above 300°F/149°C for 10 to 15 minutes. More... (PDF - 196 KB)
When it comes to insulating your engine and exhaust components, many choices are available - insulation blankets, tapes, sleeves, ... . How can you determine which method of insulation is best for your particular application? More... (PDF - 59 KB)Back To Top